Tinolang Tahong Recipe
How to Cook Tinolang Tahong Video and Recipe
- 1 tspn cooking oil
- 1 tspn butter (optional)
- 1 tspn garlic, minced
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger, peeled and julienned (cut into strips)
- 1 kilo mussels (tahong), shells cleansed
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tspn fish sauce (patis)
- salt (optional) and pepper to taste
- In a large sauce pan over medium heat, saute garlic, onion and ginger in oil and butter.
- When the onion becomes transluscent, add the tahong. Stir occasionally for about two minutes.
- Add water, patis and pepper. Bring to a boil stirring occasionally.
- Simmer until the tahong shells have all opened (Do not overcook the tahong! The meat will shrink if cooked for too long.).
- You may add more water if the soup has dried up. Taste the soup base, then add salt only if needed.
- Serve with steamed rice. Eat with your hands!
Incoming search terms:
- tinolang tahong, pagluto ng tahong, tinolang tahong recipe, tahong recipe, how to cook tinolang tahong, tinola tahong adobo baboy at manok, paano mgluto ng tahong, best tahong, tahong panlasang pinoy, tinola tahong recipe, Tinolang isda, tinolang isda with kangkong, tinolang tahong by panlasang pinoy, tinolang tahong without shell, Tahong, sinigang tahong panlasang pinoy, sinabawang tahong, ginisang tahong recipe panlasang pinoy, how to make a sinigang tahong, how to make sinabawang tahong