Tinolang Tahong Recipe
How to Cook Tinolang Tahong Video and Recipe
- 1 tspn cooking oil
- 1 tspn butter (optional)
- 1 tspn garlic, minced
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger, peeled and julienned (cut into strips)
- 1 kilo mussels (tahong), shells cleansed
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tspn fish sauce (patis)
- salt (optional) and pepper to taste
- In a large sauce pan over medium heat, saute garlic, onion and ginger in oil and butter.
- When the onion becomes transluscent, add the tahong. Stir occasionally for about two minutes.
- Add water, patis and pepper. Bring to a boil stirring occasionally.
- Simmer until the tahong shells have all opened (Do not overcook the tahong! The meat will shrink if cooked for too long.).
- You may add more water if the soup has dried up. Taste the soup base, then add salt only if needed.
- Serve with steamed rice. Eat with your hands!