Tinolang Tahong Recipe
How to Cook Tinolang Tahong Video and Recipe
- 1 tspn cooking oil
- 1 tspn butter (optional)
- 1 tspn garlic, minced
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger, peeled and julienned (cut into strips)
- 1 kilo mussels (tahong), shells cleansed
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tspn fish sauce (patis)
- salt (optional) and pepper to taste
- In a large sauce pan over medium heat, saute garlic, onion and ginger in oil and butter.
- When the onion becomes transluscent, add the tahong. Stir occasionally for about two minutes.
- Add water, patis and pepper. Bring to a boil stirring occasionally.
- Simmer until the tahong shells have all opened (Do not overcook the tahong! The meat will shrink if cooked for too long.).
- You may add more water if the soup has dried up. Taste the soup base, then add salt only if needed.
- Serve with steamed rice. Eat with your hands!
Incoming search terms:
- tinolang tahong, pagluto ng tahong, tinolang tahong recipe, tahong recipe, sinigang na bangus bayabas, sinabawang tahong panlasang pinoy, paano mgluto ng tahong, tinola tahong adobo baboy at manok, how to cook tinolang tahong, tinola tahong recipe, tinolang tahong without shell, sinigang tahong panlasang pinoy, Tahong, tahong panlasang pinoy, tinolang tahong by panlasang pinoy, tinolang isda with kangkong, Tinolang isda, best tahong, sinabawang tahong, ginisang tahong recipe panlasang pinoy