- 4 medium alimango (mud crabs)
- 60ml (1/4 cup) oil
- 1 whole head garlic, cloves peeled and crushed
- 375ml (1 1/2 cups) water
- 80ml (1/3 cup) calamansi juice
- Salt and pepper
- Cut the crabs into half. Remove the yellow crab fat and set this aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok and saute garlic, about 1 minute.
- Add the crabs and stir until almost reddish in color.
- Blend the reserved crab tissue with water and calamansi juice until smooth.
- Pour into the wok and season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer over medium heat until crabs are fully cooked, about 10 minutes.